Who is SARAH?#DriveSOS
Safer Australian Roads and Highways (SARAH) Inc is a not-for-profit association. Our mission is to promote initiatives that will bring about improved road safety, as well as support those affected by road tragedy. We started our road safety research as a result of the Hume Highway crash of 15th February 2012 and from that research, the foundation for our actions became Vision Zero Initiative.
Our Beliefs are clear
- Each person’s life is precious and can therefore never be ethically traded off against traffic mobility;
- No person should be placed in harm’s way simply because of poor policy, poor planning, poor maintenance or poor procedures;
- Each of us must drive to actively protect other road users, and especially those road users involved in, or assisting at, a crash, breakdown or other incident!
Working Together for Change
We establish partnerships to:
- foster improved road safety awareness and responsibility at all levels within the community through education campaigns and initiatives;
- honour those who have been killed on our roads and highways and support those families, friends and communities affected by road tragedy.
Will you join our campaign?
Will you commit to Drive So Others Survive?
How we started
On 15th February 2012, Sarah Frazer was driving down the Hume Highway on her way to Wagga Wagga to start a degree in photography at Charles Sturt University.
Just past Mittagong her car broke down and she had to pull over on the side of the Highway. However the